Friday, June 13, 2008

Soothe Your Nerves with Oatsraw and Lemon Balm

There are two herbs that I love to use when my nerves are frazzled, and I feel like I am at the end of my wick..they are oat straw and lemon balm. Both are great for soothing the nerves, and restoring balance at the end of the day or whenever you need a pick me up.

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/802/30024069.JPG Oat straw is the first herb. Oat straw is a tonic for the nervous system. It soothes, and helps one feeling depressed or stressed. It builds bones, full of magnesium and calcium, and all the other properties of the good oatmeal that you eat in the morning. To make a cup of soothing oat straw tea, take 1 tablespoon to 8oz of hot water,and steep for thirty minutes.
If you want to use it in a bath, strain and add to bath water for a quick uplift and soothing skin softener.












http://balconygreens.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/lemon-balm-pot-2.jpg Lemon Balm is another favorite soothing herb of mine. It has the properties of mint, with a nice lemony flavor. Mix it with some oat straw to soothe your nerves in bath or tea to help you ease your mind

1 comment:

DommiesBlessed said...

I know it’s been over a decade. But I can’t thank you enough for writing this article. It has truly transformed my breastfeeding journey. Much peace to you and your family. -DommiesBlessed